The website TenaciousBlindGirl.Com is here after referred to as “The Site”.
This site TenaciousBlindGirl.com is managed solely by volunteers, and is here after referred to as the “Support Team”, “We” or Us”
The Support Team consists of users assigned various roles and community ranks such as of “Moderator” (Standard, Simple, Queue and Global); Administrator, Owner and/or Founder.
Person(s) registering, signing up, subscribing to, participating in/on, posting to, joining, becoming users, subscribers, and/or authoring content by submitting comments, feedback, posts and messages through The Site are here after referred to as “User”,” You” or “Your”. The designation of “User” is inclusive of “Newly Registered User” and “Registered User”.
This document is here after referred to “The Guidelines” and has been written so all Users to The Site know what is and what is not expected of him/her. This document has been compiled in good faith and will be considered the document that establishes acceptable behaviors, tasks and conduct of Users of The Site. This document will be updated and posted to The Site as time and resources allow.
This document applies to ALL AREAS of The Site and The User agrees to the following guidelines upon authoring or creating Your first comment, feedback, contact form, post, private message or email stemming from The Site.
- ABOUT TENACIOUSBLINDGIRL.COM
- As a site dedicated to the discussion of various health condition(s), it is understood by all that the content here will NEVER take the place of medical advice. Although there may be Users that hold a clinical licensure, everyone on The Site is a COMMUNITY USER AND WILL BE CONSIDERED “LAY PERSON(S)”. AT NO TIME ARE THE WORDS ON THIS SITE TO BE CONSTRUED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.
- This website’s primary purpose is to SUPPORT people and their loved ones with Low vision from all non-treatable sight-stealing conditions. TenaciousBlindGirl.com is meant to have a culture of nurturing, compassion, friendship and support. As such, Users who are consistently (regardless of intent) abusing or ignoring the following rules will be warned. Depending on the severity of the infraction, the Support Team reserves the right to terminate access to this site.
- The User agrees that the support team, administrators and moderators of TENACIOUSBLINDGIRL.COM, in its sole discretion, may terminate or suspend use of The Site at any time and for any or no reason in its sole discretion, even if access and use continues to be allowed to others. Upon such suspension or termination, User must immediately (a) discontinue use of the Website, and (b) destroy any copies of information or content obtained through this site. Accessing the Site,
Information or Services obtained on the site after such termination, suspension or discontinuation shall constitute an act of trespass.
- The User agrees that the support team, administrators and moderators of The Site shall not be liable to You or any third party for any termination or suspension of Your access to TENACIOUSBLINDGIRL.COM.
- We respect the privacy of Users and it is never our intent to read private messages retained on TENACIOUSBLINDGIRL.COM. Every attempt will be made to contact the User prior to reading messages. However, if a serious violation is reported to us, we will do this. Although rare, it does happen. Only Users with Owner/Administrator/Moderator privileges have security to read the private messages residing on TENACIOUSBLINDGIRL.COM. Please email feedback@TENACIOUSBLINDGIRL.COM if you have any suggestions, ideas or corrections to these guidelines.
- ADMINISTRATION AND MONITORING
- The Support Team reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time.
- Because of the live nature of the online communities, forums, discussions, messages, posts or comments on this site, it is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy or validity of a message before it is posted. If you believe that someone has violated our User Guidelines or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please send a private message to feedback@TENACIOUSBLINDGIRL.COM or to a Support Team User with a link to the content and a brief description of what you believe is wrong or objectionable. Notification is voluntary and anonymous, but in no case should a User respond to a situation personally, thereby aggravating the situation further. Responding to a violation in an inflammatory manner is a violation in itself and will result in appropriate action.
- While every attempt will be made to meet the needs of all Users, the Support Team respectfully reserves the right to decline requests or suggestions that are beyond the scope of the volunteer(s) skill sets, conflicts with the intent of this site or is illegal. Please be respectful of the time, energy and dedication required to keep this site going.
- Each User is allowed to create one account. The Site uses WordPress and plugins for its CRM and are unable to alter your username. However, we may be of assistance in the migration of your user data to a new account and the deletion of the old username. We will do our best to keep all of your profile data, posts, and other content intact.
- Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping is not permitted.
- Please note that currently a User’s initial forum posts may be automatically placed in the moderation queue for approval according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. is determined by Support Team and not Users.
- While User post count has meaning in terms of rank, it should not be taken too seriously. Attempts to artificially increase your post count are prohibited. This includes the mass creation of short or meaningless posts. When participating in game threads such as “Word Association Game” or “What song are you listening to right now?” please do not post consecutive replies within a short period of time.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Please read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum will receive a warning.
- As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored. Users who prefer to communicate in another language are encouraged to start or join another site or find a site that uses their preferred language.
- Please use the test forum for general “test purposes”. These may include checking signatures, testing a link or image, etc. “Test” posts in other forums will be removed.
- This is not a dating site. Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers in any publicly viewed areas. We understand that folks may want to communicate on a one on one basis, but please use your private email or other means to communicate and exchange personal information.
- GETTING ALONG
- Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow Users.
- Users should post in a way that is respectful. Flaming, abusing, mocking, bullying (or any other negative behavior) will not be tolerated. This site is meant to be a safe haven and anyone abusing others will be given ONE warning. The second one will result in a revocation of the Users account. Similarly, Users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g.! and?) in communication.
- We try to maintain a family friendly atmosphere whenever it is possible within the main subject matter of this community. Please keep this in mind when participating. Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. Words to be deemed as vulgar and have no beneficial use will be censored. The list is small, but strictly enforced. Attempts to circumvent the word censoring feature of the community software also violate this guideline. If your post contains a word that is censored by the software, you must remove that word or the post will be removed. If you feel that the censor is acting in error, please contact us.
- Any content that violates our User Guidelines will be removed. Interpretation of our guidelines is at the discretion of the support team. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to appropriate action up to and including account termination.
- The Site and its Support Team takes discrimination very seriously and practices a “NO TOLERANCE” policy against it. Discrimination is defined as: “the practice of unfairly treating a person or group of people differently from other people or groups of people: the ability to recognize the difference between things that are of good quality and those that are not: the ability to understand that one thing is different from another thing” (http://www.merriam- webster.com/dictiona … rimination 6/3/2015).
- APPROPRIATE CONTENT
- When an opinion-based discussion is being had, refrain from stating things like “there is no argument” as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, do not say things like “Are you serious?” and “Are you kidding me?” Remember, this is not a debate club. This is a friendly discussion community. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid, well thought out opinion.
- Please refrain from engaging in political and religious discussions. While not expressly prohibited, caution should be applied to these topics and they are ONLY allowed in the off-topic forum(s). This type of content should be appropriately labelled, tagged and/or flagged as such. If discussion of these subjects becomes inflammatory, discriminatory, defamatory taunting or disrespectful to others, the post is subject to removal and the User is subject to account termination.
- Political and religious content is specifically prohibited from profiles and signatures. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don’t agree with it, say why – respectfully. Don’t just tell them they’re wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc.
- Moderators and administrators have the final say on anything. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact a support team User and we will review the situation. Registered Users have the ability to edit their posts and you may be asked to modify your response if it has been deemed to be inflammatory, defaming or offensive.
- COPYRIGHT AND LEGAL ACTIVITY
- Users must respect the copyrighted work of others. Copyright infringement is illegal and cannot be tolerated. Re-posting, printing, forwarding or copying material from someone else without permission will result in a warning, removal of the post and possibly revocation of the Users account.
- When linking to outside websites, you must ensure that the content of the link is appropriate for our community, in line with the guidelines laid out here. This includes mentioning or referencing a site, even if the mention is not hyperlinked. If you post a link and that link is automatically censored, it is considered to be an inappropriate link and you should remove it from your post immediately. If left, all posts that feature inappropriate links will be removed.
- Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites such as warez, cracks, etc. will be removed. This includes the posting of information that you have obtained illegally.
- Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article (usually no more than 1/5 or 1/6) and you must link to the source (if online) or provide the source (if offline). Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionable copyright status) video or audio clips.
- When posting and linking to images, videos, files, etc., please refrain from hot linking. This is the direct linking to images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc.), video (.avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, etc.), audio (.mp3, .wav, etc.), archives (.zip, .rar, etc.) or otherwise downloadable or streamable files, on servers that you do not have permission to link to, instead of linking to the page where the item can be found. This includes providing a direct link to the file, even if that file is not embedded into your post. This practice costs us money and resources to store on our site.
- SPAMMING, SELLING, PROMOTING
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering free or discounted products, services or programs as well as recruiting Users to participate / test or use websites, programs, products and/or services. We do partner with agencies, organizations in the low vision community on a case-by-case basis. If you are interested in utilizing this option, or contributing, please contact us.
- You may mention websites and ventures that you are in some way related to, as long as they are otherwise appropriate for this community and may lead to you earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc.
- All signature links must be kept in your signature in your profile. Anyone found to be posting excessive links to their websites or suspected of using “sneaky” advertising methods is in violation of this guideline. You may only post a link to your site/a site that you are in some way affiliated with if the link specifically answers the question that is being asked and the answer cannot be simply posted without the link. Even then, link directly to the page where the information can be found. General and unnecessary links will be tagged as advertising. If you are found to be excessively posting links to your site (or you appear to be seeking out threads where your link may be relevant, so that you can post it), you may lose the ability to post links to your site.
- This site is NOT eBay, Craig’s list or Amazon. If you joined this site to try to sell, promote, discuss or profit from the selling, distribution, purchase, donation, participation in or subscription to ANY product, service or program, you have just wasted the five minutes it took to register your account. You WILL be removed from this community for spamming of any kind so do not waste your time or ours.
- The Support Team at The Site reserve the right to warn, ban and/or terminate User accounts and doing so is NOT a violation of your rights; Free Speech or otherwise. Just as you have the right to speak freely without fear of retaliation from the government, the Support Team at The Site has the right not to listen to you. And since we are NOT the government, we do not carry the burden of putting up with your speech.
- ACCOUNT CLOSURE,
TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION
- We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community. If you wish to no longer be identified with our community, we will be glad to close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible.
- If a User violates our guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our support team and our community, they run the risk of losing their account. We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.
Do you have a question about our User Guidelines or anything else? Do you have a suggestion? Do you want to offer some feedback? Or are you experiencing some trouble with the site? Well, no matter what it is, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help in any way that we can.
Thank you for visiting TENACIOUSBLINDGIRL.COM